Tile Case 2
Case with an image of the tiles of the Capela de São Miguel.
The University of Coimbra has a vast collection of tiles, with those in the Capela de S. Miguel of excellent manufacture.
In the year 1613, the chancel was covered with tiles, with blue and white foliage, contrasting with the lively chromaticism that covers the entire body of the chapel represented in this piece. They have a characteristic design of the time and were painted in Lisbon by Gabriel Ferreira and their settlement in Coimbra was done by Jorge Gonçalves.